Please see below for the details on how to update your M12 with this new firmware package.
- Please click here to download the necessary files for the firmware update (please note that the M12 can only be updated using a Windows PC at this time, we apologize for any inconveniences this might cause).
- Version 9277 (File name: M12 fw0.1.9277.rom)
- 13 June 2022
Benefits and Improvements：
Improves general compatibility with music playback softwares and applications.
Improves general compatibility with devices, including various smartphones, tablet computers, notebook computers, and desktop computers.
Fixes issue of popping/clicking noises produced when connecting an iPhone XS or iPhone XR running iOS14.6/14.7.
Computer system requirements for update：
- Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Step 1: Unzip the downloaded file linked above. Double-click “M12 Upgrade Tool.exe”. The tool interface will appear as follows：
Box 1: Where you will select the path of the new firmware file “M12 fw0.1.9277.rom.”
Box 2: View information about this new firmware version (for reference purposes only).
Box 3: Where you choose the device to be updated. After a correct connection, PID & VID information will be displayed here.
Box 4: The current version of the M12 is displayed (for reference purposes only).
Box 5: Firmware burning and firmware verification buttons, along with progress bar.
Step 2: Click “Browse…” button to open the “M12 fw0.1.9277.rom” file to be burned to the M12.
Step 3: Connect your PC and M12 with the USB A to Type-C adapter cable included in the M12 packaging, and connect your headset/earphones to the M12. Once all is connected, the corresponding information in boxes 3 and 4 of the firmware update tool will populate, indicating that the connection is successful. Make sure the “Target” is set to “VID_0495 PID_1046”, which indicates the firmware will be updated to the M12 and not another device. Please keep the M12 connected to your headset/earphones as well as to the PC for the entire update process.
- Step 4: Start updating. Click the “Burn” button in Box 5 to start burning the new firmware (it should take 1-2 seconds). After the update is successful, the progress bar will be complete and the word “Success” will be displayed. The firmware version information in Box 2 and Box 4 will now be the same.
- Step 5: Update successful! Unplug your M12 from your computer and headset/earphones. The new firmware is ready to roll!
- Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We are here to help! Thank you for being a loyal Questyle fan and customer ❤️